Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Seven Hills Hospital brings a world of compassion, hope and best practice medical care to the people who need it the most. We are a growing, private, 134-bed psychiatric hospital that is dedicated to providing high-quality care for adults, geriatrics, and adolescents (ages 5-17) who are suffering from behavioral health and chemical dependency issues. Our patients recover at our new, state-of-the art medical facility in the Seven Hills area of Henderson, Nevada. Henderson is one of the fastest growing cities in the US and is located just 7 miles from the famed Las Vegas Strip and a couple of miles from beautiful Lake Mead.
Seven Hills Hospital is part of the Acadia Healthcare, a provider of behavioral healthcare services throughout the US.
Join the team of highly dedicated mental health professionals. We are presently looking for a Full Time Recreation Therapist who will be responsible for the designing, planning, implementing and facilitating therapeutic recreation activities and sessions for all patients and functions as an effective member of the Seven Hills Hospital’s multidisciplinary team.
- Obtain information from medical records, medical staff, family members or patients themselves to assess patient capabilities, needs and interests.
- Plan, organize, direct and participate in treatment programs and activities to facility patient rehabilitation.
- Plan and implement expressive therapy, leisure and social activities for patients to ensure that their needs are addressed.
- Conduct sessions to improve patient mental and physical well-being, instruct patients in activities and techniques, such are sports, dance, music, art or relaxation techniques designed to meet their specific needs.
- Assess patient needs through observations, medical records, tests and discussions with other healthcare professionals, patient family and patient.
- Create treatment plans and programs that meet patient needs and interests.
- Plan and implement interventions to prevent harm to a patient.
- Engage patients in therapeutic activities, such as exercise, games and community outings.
- Help patients learn social skills needed to become or remain independent.
Bachelor’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Psychology or a related field from an accredited college or university
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
Minimum One (1) year experience working as a recreational therapist in Mental Health and Chemical Dependency (preferably in an acute hospital setting or residential setting).
Seven Hills Hospital offers competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, leave benefits, life insurance and 401k plan with company matching.
No Agency calls please.
Seven Hills Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...