Rock Tools Technical Specialist
* Deadline:Not set
* Country:United States of America
* Location:Elko, Nevada
* Job category:Product Management
Apply for this job
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is looking for a
Technical Specialist - Rock Tools
You're a road warrior, with the technical insight to perceive what your customer needs. You're a team player, live and promote a culture of safety, and thrive at multi-tasking. Come explore Technical Specialist opportunity with Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
As the Technical Specialist - you will be responsible for providing quality technical support to the service network on proper operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting practices. The Technical Specialist will be required to work closely and support end users, operators, and service personnel in cases of complex technical issues.
Technical Specialist responsibilities include:
* Providing relevant feedback to factories to enable improvements to the equipment or its operation.
* Providing assistance in compiling accurate data to process warranty claims and engineering machine improvements.
* Review of spare part recommendations and develops accuracy of Machine Life Operating Costs (MLOC).
* Investigates warranty claims proactively and reactively to enhance customer satisfaction and provide feedback to the respective factories.
* Assisting factories with field-testing and trials of new products and updated components to ensure proper and safe operation.
* Completes accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts list.
* Performs equipment demonstrations in safe manner.
The Technical Specialist must have 5 years of Technical experience and training in key aspects of technical trades. Technical Degree in a mechanical or electrical discipline is a plus.
Where others see many, we see you - personally. We recognize and value your passion and personality as well as your strong investigative and diagnostic skills. You are flexible and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team environment. You possess the ability to plan and monitor your own projects as well as the work of project teams. You have a strong customer focus, and are driven to achieve customer satisfaction goals and targets. Your written and verbal communication skills are excellent, and you are highly computer literate.
Additionally, the Technical Specialist possesses:
* Ability to work in team environment
* Excellent written and communication skills
* Ability to train and transfer knowledge to others
* Strong investigation and diagnostic skills
* Computer literacy
* Superior customer relations and active listening skills
* Ability to work underground as needed
The Technical Specialist is preferred to be located in the Elko, Nevada area although not required.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers to the Technical Specialist position, JO#R0000886
SMRT is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Deadline: Not set
Associated topics: die, fixture, mold, melt, molten, tool, toolmaker, tool and die, tool designer, tool die