Las Vegas, Nevada
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world's most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race. It is the primary responsibility of the Master Cook to perform advanced cooking procedures under the direct supervision of the Chef, Executive Sous Chef and /or Assistant Chef. The Master Cook operates a specific station with others or independently. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Grand's policies, practices and procedures.
* Assumes complete charge of kitchen on respective shifts. Supervises and maintains cooking standards and techniques of line level employees.
* Provides leadership for subordinates.
* Assumes the accountability and the responsibilities of Supervisors in their absence.
* Expedites all event food orders.
* Operates a line position without direct supervision from the Chef, Executive Sous Chef and/or Sous Chef.
* Works every station in time of need.
* Serves as a resource for other cooks.
* Handles employee complaints and resolves problems as they arise.
* Maintains safety and Health Department standards
* Perform all other job related duties as requested.
* At least 1 year of experience in a high-volume restaurant.
* Ability to identify / assess problems and situations, refer to applicable policies and guidelines, identify practical / creative options and determine / develop / recommend appropriate courses of action.
* Ability to read, translate and execute recipes, interpersonal service skills, organization skills to plan time effectively, work without direct supervision.
* Ability to contribute to group objectives and enhance output in a team environment through co-operation and interaction, active and full contribution, acknowledging diverse opinions, collaboration, addressing relevant concerns, working toward consensual solutions.
* Working knowledge of basic kitchen equipment.
* Working knowledge of soup, sauce, meat, fish, poultry, casserole, and vegetable preparations.
* Working knowledge of methods, accepted practices, considerations and regulatory requirements associated with safety and protection of workers, environment and site.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
* Professional appearance and demeanor.
* Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
* Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
Associated topics: appetizer, breakfast, cocinera de la parrilla, cocinera de la preparacion, line cook, lunch, maker, prep, restaurant cook, station