Medical Doctors Only Apply. A Emergency Medicine Physician practice is seeking a qualified physician for Las Vegas, NV. This and other physician jobs brought to you by ExactMD.
Scope of Work:
- The quality of Emergency Services Physician service shall meet or exceed reasonable community standards of professional practice for the health care concerned as determined by the authority that governs military medical professionals in the same discipline.
- Be capable of performing the full range of emergency medicine services to include the ability and experience to adequately diagnose and treat diseases and injuries.
- Be able to adequately perform medical procedures to include, but not limited to,
- Examine patient, render a medical assessment of their condition, and take appropriate action.
- Provide immediate evaluation and management of emergency patients.
- Provide definitive medical care to reduce the emergency medical condition and enable the patient to safely pursue follow-up care as an outpatient as required. Follow-up of abnormal laboratory and/or imaging study, reports is the responsibility of the ordering physician. Review each report in accordance with established MTF procedures.
- Respond to \"Code Blue\" (cardiac or respiratory arrest) medical emergency alerts within the hospital and provide resuscitation treatment until more specialized treatment arrives. Should resuscitation efforts be unsuccessful, the physician shall pronounce the patient dead and notify the next-of-kin, if the next-of-kin is physically present. Although completion of the death certificate is primarily the responsibility of the patient s primary physician, the Emergency Services physician can complete this document if all the appropriate information is available.
- Reassure and treat non-acute conditions in priority as established by medical triage.
- Prepare appropriate patient profile changes.
- Prepare and document appropriate history, physical examinations, and preoperative diagnosis. Maintain documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with MTF directives.
- Dispatch and provide medical control for ambulances in accordance with MTF procedures.
- Accompany emergency services technicians on ambulance runs when indicated by the nature of the emergency and in accordance with MTF leadership guidance and MTF procedures.
- Perform emergency room procedures compatible with the MTF operations capacity, supplies and equipment.
Associated topics: care, clinic, family medicine, family medicine physician, hospitalist, physician md, practice, practitioner, primary care, urgent care