GDIT is seeking an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to join a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) contract in Las Vegas, NV. In this role, you will serve as a Principal Advisor on all matters involving the security of an Information System (IS). You will have the detailed knowledge and expertise required to manage the security aspects of an information system and will be assigned responsibility for the day-to-day security operations of a system. You will assist in the development of the security policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with those policies and procedures through ongoing monitoring and assessments. In close coordination with the Information System Owner (ISO) and the Information System Security Manager (ISSM), you will play an active role in the evaluation of risk associated with a system, enforcing and assessing the controls, monitoring the security impact of changes to the systems, and developing and updating the security documentation associated with the system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Ensuring the implementation of DOE and NNSA cyber security policies and procedures for designated information systems
• Conducting the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities for designated systems
• Documenting the implementation of protection measures within the security plan for the systems
• Ensuring the appropriate access is provisioned for users of designated systems
• Identifying, assessing, and documenting threats and risks to designated systems
• Capturing and maintaining information system security artifacts
• Conducting cyber security tests and assessments and providing results of these activities to the ISSM
• Evaluating the security impact and recommending implementation strategies for security significant changes to the assigned information systems
• Identifying cyber security training needs in terms of job responsibilities or roles
• Conducting information system risk assessments
• Responding to and reporting of incidents related to assigned information systems
• Development of security processes and procedures to support the ISSM’s Cyber Security Program
• Creating and maintaining disaster recovery and incident response plans and participating in associated training
• Formally and informally presenting information in group and individual settings
• Bachelor’s Degree with appropriate background and knowledge of current industry technologies/standards for enterprise networks. Four years of prior work experience in information security/information assurance roles may be substituted for education requirements (e.g. examples of experience with implementing and managing FISMA, FedRAMP, DoDI 8500.2, HIPAA, or PCI requirements)
• Five years of work experience.
• U.S. Citizenship (no dual citizenship)
• Active Top Secret Clearance or DOE 'Q' Clearance
• Must have or obtain DoD 8570 IAT Level II and/or IAT Level III (i.e. CISSP) certification within six months of hire.
• Experience with NIST SP 800-53, Risk Management Framework (RMF), and security assessment tools
• Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience with Operating System, Virtualization, and Networking technologies
• Must be able to demonstrate specialized experience applying the principles, practices, and techniques used by information systems security personnel
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint)
• Must have strong attention to detail
• Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently, as well as strong interpersonal skills that foster the ability to work effectively on teams, communicate effectively
• Other duties as assigned
#GDITPriorityWe are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...