Compensation: $197,500.00 - $197,500.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Loading some great jobs for you...
Emerus and joint venture partner Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican, are excited to introduce community based, patient-centered acute episodic care throughout the greater Las Vegas, Nevada region. Our state-of-the-art hospitals are fully accredited and provide highly individualized care. We have created a special place where patients can expect the highest level of care when every second counts. From the moment a patient walks through the door, a team of exceptional medical professionals take charge, treating patients with speed, compassion and expertise. With this partnership we are able to expand services to communities in convenient locations with compassionate, efficiency and excellence while maintaining our high standards for quality, safety and service. Position Overview
The purpose of this position is to provide technical assistance and supportive patient care to meet the needs of individual patients throughout assigned areas. Responsible for the analysis of laboratory specimens and subsequent result reporting according to laboratory protocol and procedures. Acts as general supervisor over assigned lab activities.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Functions
- Ensures the lab receives all send out laboratory reports and that billing is correct for all send out labs.
- Ensures the lab receives all pathology reports.
- Performs weekly audits on:
- All quality control
- Temperature monitoring documentation
- Amended report documentation
- Critical report documentation
- Blood utilization
- Performs monthly audits on:
- Staff continuing education
- Staff competencies
- Laboratory incident reports
- Equipment maintenance
- Turnaround time
- Lab testing volume
- Creates and presents monthly laboratory data to the quality improvement committee.
- Ensures all proficiency testing is being performed, submitted, and reviewed.
- Ensures all staff is adequately trained and sign off on all staff laboratory competencies.
- Assist in initial laboratory set up and staff training
- Collect laboratory samples and perform lab testing in accordance with established laws, policies and procedures, as well as COLA and CLIA regulations
- Coordinate and perform all pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic laboratory activities in collaboration with the lab director and technical consultant
- Assist with patient care and other activities as assigned by the Hospital Administrator/designee as indicated by the patient's plan of care
- Collect, report, and document clinical data. Take vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, pulse oximetry, and collect specimens
- Provide for patient safety related to age and condition
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times
- Provide and maintain a clean, safe environment and perform and/or assist others to perform proper aseptic technique, isolation procedures, and infection control measures
- Assist with the admission, transfer, and discharge of the patient
- Prepare patients and chaperone during examinations/procedures or assists with other patient treatments, such as superficial wound care, EKGs, starting IVs
- Maintain lab and all patient care areas with appropriate supplies
- Assist with patient restraints and maintain precautions; collect, report and document data related to patient needs/emergencies and unusual patient and family behavior
- Travel to all facility locations as required
- Attend staff meetings or other company sponsored or mandated meetings as required
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Must be licensed by the state as a general supervisor and to perform lab testing
- Bachelor's degree in laboratory science, required
- Two years' lab training or experience in the non-waived specialty, required
- Certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or equivalent American Medical Technologist (AMT) certification
- Current BLS, required
- Experience with IV start, phlebotomy, and initiation of EKG, preferred
- Certification as an EMT and/or ER experience, preferred
- Position requires fluency in English; written and oral communication
Associated topics: hematopathology, lab, laboratory, medical lab science, pathology, sample collection, surgical technologist, technician, technician i, technician ii
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...