Our Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the medical assessment and treatment of medical conditions of the residents under the supervision of the primary care physician.
**Education for N** **urse Practitioner** **(ARNP):**
+ Requires a Master's Degree in Nursing.
**Experience for N** **urse Practitioner** **(ARNP):**
+ Minimum of one (1) year of experience practicing medicine required.
+ Recent experience working in an independent clinical environment is desired.
+ Experience in active patient care as a Family Practice nurse practitioner required.
+ Experience working in a community health setting with immigrant populations.
+ Ability to read and communicate in English.
+ Ability to communicate well verbally.
+ Excellent written, verbal, and computer skills.
**Licenses/Certifications for N** **urse Practitioner** **(ARNP):**
+ Must possess an active license as Advanced Practice Nurse.
+ Current certification in basic life support/ACLS.
1. Provides comprehensive assessment, plan development, implementation of plan of care and evaluation of effectiveness of interventions with revisions as necessary.
2. Performs admission and annual physicals.
3. Initiates, monitors, and alters medications and treatments within approved guidelines and policies and procedures. Documents all work.
4. Evaluates and documents physical and behavioral reviews. Identifies and evaluates illnesses. Compiles and evaluates medical histories and physical finding. Initiates diagnostic laboratory test and interprets and evaluates laboratory results. Intervenes in resident medical emergencies, and provides medical coverage to the infirmary.
5. Monitors medication and initiates appropriate therapies for certain conditions and changes medications according to variations in a patient's response within established protocols.
6. Observes and differentiates between signs and symptoms associated with normal human physiology and those indicative of pathological changes.
7. Documents all relevant patient care issues in patients' progress notes and treatment plan all relevant patient care issues.
8. Monitors and manages medical patients and appropriately refers to other specialists and disciplines.
9. Contributes to the Employee Health program via activities such as pre-employment physical exams and clearance, employee immunization administration, employee health teaching, and assessment of employee medical emergencies and/or injuries.
10. Provides input to the health care policies and procedures and assists with sick call triage.
11. Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as individuals, and considers the culture of the patients when providing care and treatment.
12. Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental needs of each resident.
13. Follows all established medical and healthcare treatment protocols.
14. Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
15. Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
16. Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
17. Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to be the first to hear about new opportunities
Joining our Talent Community will enhance your job search and application process.
? Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
? Receive relevant communications and updates from Wellpath.
? Share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email